The James River Association is excited to announce the #rvasplash contest!
The James River, “America’s Founding River,” has defined Richmond throughout its history. Richmond’s significance is attributed to lying on the banks of the James. The James River’s importance continues from a crucial transportation route to a source of drinking water, a place to recreate, and the Richmond Region’s top attraction. The James River Association works to improve the health of the river. Progress has been made, but there’s still work to be done.
Enjoy the river, nurture the river, and do what you can to protect and restore Virginia’s most vital natural resource!
How to Enter
One photo will be selected by the James River Association staff per week during the contest. Each winner will receive a free entry into the James River Splash & Dash Presented by Swedish Match sponsored by Riverside Outfitters. Winners are responsible for registering online for the event within the allowable registration period.
- You must be 13 years and older.
- You must follow the James River Association Twitter or Instagram.
- All entries must include a photo shared with hashtag #rvasplash and tag @JRAVirginia on Twitter and Instagram.
- All entries must be submitted between 8am Wednesday June 8th and 8 am Wednesday July 13th.
- Each Wednesday morning during the contest, one winner will be randomly selected across the two platforms. Each winner will receive two free entries into the 2016 Splash & Dash.
- Winners will be notified across social media platforms (Instagram or Twitter) and asked to submit contact information to the James River Association.
- Winners are responsible for registering for the James River Splash & Dash via the website. Registration closes Wednesday July 13th at midnight. Contest winners who do not register by the deadline forfeit their entry.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- You understand and agree that any hashtag entry you submit may be refused as entry to this Contest in the absolute discretion of the James River Association should the hashtag reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the James River Association.
- You give the James River Association, the right and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, disseminate, publish, distribute, represent publicly, edit and modify the hashtags entries submitted in this contest in perpetuity, with no remuneration whatsoever and for all purposes related to the James River Association’s activities, including but not limited to dissemination through various media.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by any Third Party Service. In particular, all entrants acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram.